A Workshop titled “CyanoVir2018” was held in the Faculty of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Biotechnology, Jagiellonian University, Kraków, Poland on 3-6 July 2018. The Chairman of Scientific Committee was Dariusz Dziga andal Organizing Committee members were Anna Maksylewicz, Aleksandra Tlałka, Adam Antosiak.
The main topics of CyanoVir2018 were:
– The interaction between marine toxic cyanobacteria and cyanophages
– Adaptation of toxic cyanobacteria to the chill/light stress
– Extraction, isolation and characterization of bioactive metabolites from cyanobacteria
– The analysis and interpretation of MS spectra of cyanobacterial peptides
– The integration of best practices to block cyanobacterial overgrowth
– Terrestrial cyanobacteria and cyanobacterial secondary metabolites as biomarkers for paleoclimatic reconstruction
– Analysis of RNA-seq data and bacteriophage genome annotations
Invited speakers included J. Meriluoto, Z. Svircev, H. Mazur-Marzec, M. Antoniou, A. Toruńska, K. Kvederavičiūtė, E. Šimoliūnas, N. Tokodi, D. Drobac and Krzysztof Pyrć.
You can download the flyer of Cyanovir 2018 here.